Notes From The Universe...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Last Chance!

Today is the last full day of the 40% off winter clearance I'm running in the shop... mosey on over, or stampede on over, as the case may be, and take advantage of some GREAT prices on some FABULOUS treats.  Some of the items will NOT be returning once they sell out, so if you have a favorite, please don't hesitate to message me & ask if I have more than one on hand if you'd like to stock up. 

As of yet, the items that will be hitting the "chopping block" have not been fully determined.  Here's a bit of a run-down:

I'd suspect that the Room & Linen Refresher sprays will get tucked away & possibly come out only around the holidays as limited edition items only available for a few weeks out of the year. 

Likely the same with the sugar scrubs. 

I haven't decided for sure if I'll be keeping the lotion and body frosting stocked or not.  If I do, it will most likely end up being only one of the two that survive the axe.  My personal favorite is our lotion... so I'm leaning that way, but not entirely decided.  I may even change up our formula - I've been testing and tweaking on a Goat Milk & Honey body creme that is just lovely and it may replace both our lotion and the body frosting as a stand alone product.  We'll see.

As of right now, the bath salts will stay because they've sold well & have had fabulous feedback. 

The lip balms are NOT going anywhere, as I'm a certifiable lip balm snob, picky picky picky, and in my humble opinion I've never slicked on a better feeling, better tasting, or better quality lip balm than ours.  It has it all - lovely shine, no gloppy, waxy, tacky, gritty, or gooey feel to it & our flavors are amazing.  They WILL have new packaging, however - new black oval lip balm tubes rather than the round.  Also, our labeling will change a bit as well.  Our lip balms continue to get rave reviews... and a quickly rising star is our line of lip tints, which will likely be expanding not only in colors, but also will be available in gloss form in the lip tubes with wands.

The wax tarts for your Scentsy & Scentsy-type wax melters are still a toss up as to whether they'll stay or not.  We have some amazing scents, but the tarts just haven't moved well in the online shop.  I may try different packaging for them & see if that helps jumpstart sales.  Most likely they'll be axed.  I HAVE been making some small (about 7.5oz) double wicked candles in some really cute little tureen jars that I've only offered locally up to this point, and they've gotten great reviews... they may make an appearance in the shop to see how they go.

After the sale concludes, I'll be shutting the shop down for an indeterminate amount of time to regroup, refocus, and get some new ideas rolling out.   When I do return, the focus will be predominately on solid perfumes and perfume oil blends... one of my favorite aspects of this entire venture is the creation of new fragrances.  I've had several people approach me about creating custom scents for them, and so far I've been able to fit the bill well for them and it's been a lot of fun.  Some of my very first creations that I offered up in the shop were some of my custom perfume oils that got rave reviews & grew in popularity, but somehow I've gotten sidetracked with other products and I just want to shift back to what my original focus was to begin with - smellies!   Perfumery has fascinated me for as long as I can remember, and while I've dabbled at it for the past few years, I really want to dive in & study it more & shift my focus that direction.

I've also spent a ton of time searching high & low for just the right packaging for the perfume oils and solid perfumes - and let me tell you, it's not easy to find the kind of bottles & containers I have in mind!  Sheesh! 

Thank you to all the wonderful customers who have bought from us & the many customers who continue to return... we appreciate all of you very much, and I hope that you are as excited about our new line-up when it's revealed as I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment